Should you insure your business beyond what the state requires? You may hope that a claimable event never occurs, but catastrophe can strike at unexpected times. Comprehensive coverage can protect you from that financial burden. Take a look at these stats:
- A study conducted in 2004 reported that US disaster-related losses increased from $65 billion to $145 billion in a year’s time. That’s more than double!
- Over 80,000 non-residential buildings catch fire in the US each year, resulting in $2.6 billion in property losses.
- 40% of businesses do not have the capital to reopen after disaster.
- 25% of businesses fail within a year after disaster.
Apart from weather-related disasters, corporate fraud is a risk that every business must face. The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) states that small business owners are at a greater risk of fraud because there’s a higher level of trust within a smaller staff. The average loss in a fraudulent scheme for businesses with less than 100 employees is $190,000. Is that something your business could afford?
With comprehensive insurance in place, your business will receive financial coverage to assist with rebuilding after scandal, theft, fire, weather-related damage and more. The following lists some of the benefits:
- Relief from lost income
- Aid in financing a temporary location while rebuilding
- Replace damaged or lost equipment, inventory and other property
- Repair or replace physical location(s)
- Finance legal fees
Just remember, the worst time to discover that you need coverage is after an incident occurs. An independent insurance agent can evaluate the risks of your business and shop for the policies that you select. Having a solid insurance portfolio in place is the best way to protect the business that you worked so hard to build.
Add comprehensive business coverage to your business portfolio. Call Americo Direct Insurance at (214) 374-9997 for more information on Dallas commercial insurance.