Apartment rentersSome renters mistakenly believe everything inside their apartment is insured under the landlord's policy. If you rent a home or an apartment, your landlord is responsible for plumbing issues, bug infestations, vandalism or any damages caused to the building itself—but not your personal possessions.

This means if your apartment gets burglarized or all your stuff is damaged by a fire, you'll have to pay out of pocket to replace your stuff. Unless you are protected by renters insurance.

What Does Renter Insurance Cover?

Renters insurance is similar to homeowners insurance in many ways. It provides three kinds of coverage, including:

  • Personal property coverage
  • Liability coverage
  • Additional living expenses if a covered event forces you to temporarily reside elsewhere

Take a minute to think about everything you own. Furniture, clothing, kitchen appliances, artwork, electronics, collections—that stuff is worth a lot of money, right? A renters insurance policy offers coverage for any theft, loss or destruction of your personal possessions (up to policy limits), helping you replace important items if they are lost, damaged or destroyed.

If you have really expensive items such as jewelry or thousands of dollars’ worth of camera equipment, you can even take out coverage with higher limits, sometimes called floater insurance or a policy rider. Renters insurance can also cover personal belongings damaged or stolen when you're outside your home, such as when you’re traveling.

Liability Coverage and Additional Expenses

Liability insurance helps financially protect you against any injuries that happen to guests while they’re in your home. For instance, if someone trips down your stairs and decides to sue you to cover the medical bills, your renters liability coverage can help pay the legal costs and settlement fees.

It can even cover damages caused by accidents. For instance, if your child accidentally breaks a neighbor's window, your liability coverage could help pay for the damages.

And if your rental home were to ever become uninhabitable due to fire or storm damage, your renters insurance can help cover the living expenses you normally wouldn't incur, such as hotel or restaurant bills.

We’ve got you covered. Call Red Gorman Insurance at (214) 374-9997 for more information on Dallas renters insurance.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version

Contact Us Today!